1. Read and maintain on file the attached
copies of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Chapter nine
of the Technical Assistance Manual (Title I) for the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA).
2. Accept responsibility for using information provided by
Crimescreen (Consumer Reports) in accordance with the Fair Credit
Reporting Act (FCRA), Public Law 91-508 and the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA 1990).
3. Be aware that some states have stricter "Human Rights"
and ADA based statutes in force for employers. Compliance with
these laws is the responsibility of the User.
4. Obtain a proper release and authorization from each job
5. Recognize that information is obtained and managed by
fallible sources, and that for the fee charged, Crimescreen
cannot guarantee or insure the accuracy or the depth of
6. Assume responsibility for the final verification of the
7. The fact that Crimescreen employees are not allowed to
render any opinions regarding information contained in a
consumer report. Hiring decisions or any actions must be based
on User policies and procedures.
8. Give the applicant Crimescreen's 800# and address if
information provided in a consumer report is responsible for
suspension or termination of the application process.
9. Use Address and Credit reports for employment
10. Pay for services based on a statement system similar to
ones used by telephone companies. Terms are NET 30 days.
Accounts in arrears will assume a finance charge of 2% per
month. If account goes to collection, user agrees to pay all
expenses including legal fees.
11. Be aware that if an account remains inactive for twelve
consecutive months, it will be closed.